Trail Talk
December 17, 2017, 05:28:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make plans to attend Buckeye TrailFest 2014, held in Southeastern Ohio!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stockport  (Read 1772 times)
Buckeye Commander
Day Hiker

« on: March 18, 2014, 01:58:04 PM »

I'm planning on doing most of the Stockport section over three two day weekends.  Ideally, I'd like to keep the hikes to about 10 miles/day.  That seems to be impractical with limited parking areas.  Hopefully, I'll be hiking with partners from car to car.  So far, I'm looking at:

1. The AEP camp area north of point 1 to point 4.
2. Point 4 to point 7... I parked along the side of the road there when i did the Whipple section.
3. Point 7 to Lock 6 park near point 15
4. Lock 6 park to 21, I'm assuming there is somewhere to park in Chesterhill, any suggestions?
5. Chesterhill to Huh  The map shows camping north of point 27 but there isn't any mention of it and I can't find any details, is there parking there?
6.  ?  to somewhere in the New Straitsville section.

Any advice would be appreciated,  I'll probably be on this section in May/June time frame.

Randall
Pedologist
Overnighter

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »

There's a parking lot at Burr Oak S.P. Boat Dock #3 (Pt. 6), 5.1 miles from the E end of the New Straitsville section. It might work well for your hike W from the camp N of Pt. 27 on the Stockport section. I'm planning to hike between Boat Dock #3 and the E end of the Belle Valley section, plus the part of the Whipple section W of I-77, this summer. I live in MD now, so I'll have to do it on 7 or 8 days during four trips to Ohio between mid-May through October. It probably won't sync with your hikes, but I'll pledge to post observations that might be helpful if I get to any of the segments before you do. I plan to work my way from SW to NE.

1,168 miles completed, including all sections in the main loop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: