Trail Talk
May 26, 2017, 01:25:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Talk shop with like-minded hikers and backpackers, discuss the trail, swap gear, plan a hike.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Fork - beginning to point 20 - Road section  (Read 1257 times)
kathyonbt
Section Hiker

« on: August 26, 2013, 06:43:35 PM »

This post pertains to the on-road section of Road Fork.

Nothing much to worry about here, except getting back into where the trail is.  Some roads closed, some difficult - I made it through with my low slung car but you have to watch in some areas for slumps and rocks.  I took a couple of roads that looked open at one end but showed up as closed on the other (but I drove all the way through).
Keep track of the road numbers as the names aren't always the same as on the map.

Some good hills to climb and the only real trouble I had was gnats.  DEET doesn't seem to deter them.
Lots of nat. gas/oil activity in the area.  I've only been able to book a room in Caldwell once this year.  Started seeing them in Sycamore Valley and continued off and on until I hit Route 78.
Walked past an operating open pit coal mine on Rado Ridge south of Enoch.

Kathy On BT 
"Not all who wander are lost."
Finished 8/30/2013 and going around again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: