Trail Talk
October 19, 2017, 07:54:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Talk shop with like-minded hikers and backpackers, discuss the trail, swap gear, plan a hike.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Fork - point 25 at Irish Run Road  (Read 1695 times)
kathyonbt
Section Hiker

« on: August 13, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »

So, I hiked down from St. Patrick's trailhead through some very pretty scenic country and got down to Irish Run Road.
As I reached it there was a blue blaze on a tree leading up the hill on the trail directly across.  So, even though the sign for the North Country Trail pointed down the road, I went up the hill.  After a bit and seeing no more blue, I turned around and came back down.  As I approached the road, I was met with another blue blaze on a tree.
OK, I must have been going the right way.
So I did. 
I should have known better, since I didn't see any more blue.  But I figured maybe the trail crews hadn't gotten to this part last fall.  I was dismayed to find a dirt road at the next intersection.
Yup, I'd gone the wrong way and had gotten to Jackson Run instead of Rt 260.

My bad, but the confirming blaze coming down from the trail didn't help and, unfortunately, with the Jan 2005 map, there is never mention of following the road for a quarter mile.

Only a problem going CCW, hopefully.

Kathy On BT 
"Not all who wander are lost."
Finished 8/30/2013 and going around again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: