Trail Talk
December 18, 2017, 12:25:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Talk shop with like-minded hikers and backpackers, discuss the trail, swap gear, plan a hike.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overnight Stay at the BT Barn at Tappan Lake  (Read 2908 times)
Boomer-Sooner
Day Hiker

« on: September 25, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »

Myself and a fellow BT Hiker are planning to hike Bowerston Section starting in October. We intend to stay overnight Saturday in the area to get in 20 to 25 miles over the weekend versus driving back to Cleveland. Can we stay overnight on the BT Barn property? Who do we need to write to get permission to stay at the BT Barn? Any alternate suggestions are welcome.

Anyone wanting to join us on the hike are welcome to join.

Boomer-Sooner
Captain Blue
BTA Board
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:03:30 PM »

I just sent you a private message with the name, email and phone number of the BTA Barn contact. The BTA Barn web page does not list any contact info so I am reluctant to share it publically.

It is a great place to stay! You will like it.

Buckeye Trail Thru Hiker - BTA Life Member - DaytonHikers.Org Founder - BuckeyeTrailHiker.com - Appalachian Trail 7,400 Miler
Boomer-Sooner
Day Hiker

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 12:36:15 PM »

Thanks for the help. We have just finished the "Little Loop"  day hiking and striking out south. We plan to do weekend hikes to make the most of the travel from Cleveland.

Boomer - Sooner
rocket
Day Hiker

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 06:52:11 AM »

What part of this section do you plan to hike?

Rocket

Sections Completed:St. Mary's,Troy,Caesar Creek,Loveland,Delphos,Road Fork,Defiance,
Burton,Pemberville,Belle Valley
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »

I think the policy adopted by the board is that the barn may be used by any BTA member, with advanced notice to the Barn Manager.  My understanding is this would include use of the facilities inside the barn.  I do not think there is any policy about any hiker - member or not - pitching a tent overnight in the fields around the barn, but the rest rooms, showers, etc would not be available.

Capt Blue raises a good point - perhaps this information should be posted on the website, something for the board to decide.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: