Trail Talk
December 17, 2017, 11:05:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Talk shop with like-minded hikers and backpackers, discuss the trail, swap gear, plan a hike.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From Akron  (Read 2829 times)
Mark
Day Hiker

« on: March 20, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »

Hello, my names Mark and im from the Akron area. I have hiked the Akron section form Breksville to Akron 3 times and am working on the Mogadore section now. Haven't went past Akron as i cant stand the tow path. Trying to find an alternative to the tow path. Found one for Peninsula to Oneal Woods. Hoping to finish the Mogadore section this spring.
Pioneer Spirit
Circuit Hiker

Walking the land my ancestors tamed.

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:47:51 PM »

I'm going to be in your area Thursday working my way south of Canal Fulton. 

Circuit Hike Completed.
Pioneer Spirit
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »

Finished from Canal Fulton to Crystal Springs today while waiting on Poppie to arrive.   He said he would be there shortly so I turned north onto Massillon (without a map) and stopped at point five for the day.  Hiked 16+ miles today before he arrived late in the afternoon.  Easy hike overall.  Poor Bruce got caught in closed traffic in Columbus because der prez made a visit to OSU.

Going south from Canal Fulton tomorrow.

Circuit Hike Completed.
Captain Blue
BTA Board
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »

If you stop in at Riffil's Riverside Tavern tell them that Captain Blue says hi. They will remember me.

Buckeye Trail Thru Hiker - BTA Life Member - DaytonHikers.Org Founder - BuckeyeTrailHiker.com - Appalachian Trail 7,400 Miler
Pioneer Spirit
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 08:56:48 AM »

Finished from bottom if Akron section to Bolivar Friday.  Tappan dam north to 1 on Saturday.  Bolivar south today.  Barn work well underway.  Finished with 71.7 miles for the four days.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:25:13 PM by Pioneer Spirit » Logged

Circuit Hike Completed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: