Trail Talk
December 16, 2017, 07:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Talk shop with like-minded hikers and backpackers, discuss the trail, swap gear, plan a hike.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akron Section: Pt 19-23?  (Read 7512 times)
HRealist
Day Hiker

« on: March 20, 2012, 02:22:40 AM »

Is anyone aware of any campsites between point 19 and point 23?
I'd like to avoid pushing my crew 20 miles in one day if I don't have to.
Looking at Google Maps there's Holy Cross Cemetery nearby and Wilbeth Arlington Park- couldn't find any information if any of them were amenable to backpackers or if there were any parks near the trail we could dip off into.
Admittedly, the closeness of the stadium makes me a little nervous so we might just train hard between the first chunk and this one so we can tackle the 20 miles in one go which I think will be manageable but challenging.
Boomer-Sooner
Day Hiker

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »

Camping along Akron 19 to 23 is not available or suggested. That section is very urban along the tow path. Nearest camp is past point 26, right off the tow path. The camp site is almost "stealth camping". It is only a few more miles to Canal Fulton for supplies, food and services. Canal Fulton is a nice town that caters to tourists and hiker are welcome. Prior to Point 26, there is a campsite available at point 13 which is nice. There is supplies, food and service a short distance on Merriman Road. Hope this helps.

Boomer-Sooner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: