Trail Talk
June 24, 2017, 11:44:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TRAIL TALK, the Buckeye Trail Forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strongsville  (Read 3687 times)
Buckeye Commander
Day Hiker

« on: January 24, 2011, 10:08:09 AM »

I live in strongsville, but I have a 10 year goal to complete the entire circuit (10 miles at a time).  2 years and 295 miles down....
I've completed Medina, Bedford, Akron, Burton, 1/2 of Mogadore, and some of Massillon.

I try to hike 10 miles on weekends when I can.  If I can convince a friend to come with me (using two cars) or someone to drop me off I hike 10 miles one way, if not, it's 5 out and 5 back.

I'm currently working on the Massillon section.

If anyone is interested in joining me, just let me know.   
Buckeye
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »

When you get down towards the southwestern part of the stae, I might be able to help with some shuttles!

Darryl
matthewbird76
Day Hiker

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 05:44:52 PM »

I live in strongsville, but I have a 10 year goal to complete the entire circuit (10 miles at a time).  2 years and 295 miles down....
I've completed Medina, Bedford, Akron, Burton, 1/2 of Mogadore, and some of Massillon.

I try to hike 10 miles on weekends when I can.  If I can convince a friend to come with me (using two cars) or someone to drop me off I hike 10 miles one way, if not, it's 5 out and 5 back.

I'm currently working on the Massillon section.

If anyone is interested in joining me, just let me know.   

I have the same problem.
I've done all the possible loop trails utilizing the towpath for a loop, especially around the CVNP.
I can be the second car so long as I can bring my dog..........

Matt
ToddSmith
Day Hiker

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »

I am from southeast ohio but live in Middleburg Hts now,  Rmbroberts give me a call or email, I will go hike some with you.

Todd
sshiker
Day Hiker

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 09:30:27 AM »

I maintain part of the Massillon section and if you need a ride  to avoid the in/out just let me know.
I'll be glad to drop you off           
Buckeye Commander
Day Hiker

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 11:35:44 AM »

Update:  I'm at 400 miles now.  Had some slow years but I'm back in hike mode.

I'll be working on finishing the last 12 miles of Bowerston and moving to the Belle Valley section.  I've also started the Road Fork section to mix things up a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: