Trail Talk
October 19, 2017, 12:21:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TRAIL TALK, the Buckeye Trail Forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Man's Cave trail alert  (Read 3311 times)
Pedologist
Overnighter

« on: July 30, 2011, 07:41:50 AM »

I'm a little confused by the 4/25/11 Trail Alert for the Old Man's Cave section. Is the "Rim Trail" the one that appears on Hocking Hills State Parks maps as the "Gorge Overlook Trail"? Also, I'm pretty sure that the Trail Alert has an incorrect Point number - the Horseman's Bypass Trail leaves Culp Road north of Point 19, not 20, if I'm looking at the map correctly. And finally, has anyone confirmed lately that the original trail (i.e., with the Blue Blazes) along Queer Creek is not a good option?

1,168 miles completed, including all sections in the main loop.
Captain Blue
BTA Board
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »

You can ignore that trail alert. The washed out trail is passable. The trail has not been closed by the State Park authorities. People are hiking the washed out section every day.

Buckeye Trail Thru Hiker - BTA Life Member - DaytonHikers.Org Founder - BuckeyeTrailHiker.com - Appalachian Trail 7,400 Miler
Poppie
Section Hiker

The Buckeye Trail Pie

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 01:15:05 PM »

Anyone have a good contact number for the Guy Brothers?  Email me if you have it.  Please

Departng Milford August 14, 2011
Captain Blue
BTA Board
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »

Phone number sent via email.

Buckeye Trail Thru Hiker - BTA Life Member - DaytonHikers.Org Founder - BuckeyeTrailHiker.com - Appalachian Trail 7,400 Miler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: