Trail Talk
October 25, 2014, 12:43:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See our events page for the latest hikes and other events on the Buckeye Trail.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loveland Section  (Read 1989 times)
rocket
Day Hiker

« on: July 13, 2011, 08:52:18 AM »

Is anyone interested in hiking this section? I need to hike from Eden Park Pt.1 - Strout Rd. Pt.23

Sections Completed:St. Mary's,Troy,Caesar Creek,Loveland,Delphos,Road Fork,Defiance,
Burton,Pemberville,Belle Valley
Poppie
Section Hiker

The Buckeye Trail Pie

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:41:37 PM »

Roll Eyes  May I suggest Sunday August 14 for hiking from Milford to South Lebanon.  It will be an almost perfect day to hike.  If you are in the mood, you could easily continue to point 23 and beyond on Monday.  I also understand that November 27 is the perfect time to hike from Milford to Eden Park.  Those that hike it other times of the year seem to get lost (like me). 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:15:38 PM by Poppie » Logged

Departng Milford August 14, 2011
paveltul
Overnighter

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »

I will be available to hike this section on Saturday August 6th.
paveltul
Overnighter

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »

correction: July 30th that is.
Poppie
Section Hiker

The Buckeye Trail Pie

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:37:38 PM »

Take the lead!  Post your hikes on the "Hiking and Backpacking Events" Page.  You can also put them on the Calendar and post the on the webpage.  Let me know what help you need.  I have been told that I will need to go back and complete the "Circuit Hike" when I am done with the thru hike.  NAAA!!!  I will be done!  but I will still enjoy hiking with the Circuit Hikers when I can.

Captain Blue
BTA Board
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:38:35 PM »

Feel free to post your hike suggestions on: http://www.buckeyetrailfriends.org/

Buckeye Trail Thru Hiker - BTA Life Member - DaytonHikers.Org Founder - BuckeyeTrailHiker.com - Appalachian Trail 7,400 Miler
Poppie
Section Hiker

The Buckeye Trail Pie

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 10:16:35 PM »

Several of you are doing circuit hikes.  You need to publish them on the webpages we have and get the word out.  When I started to publish them I had many people contacting me about the Buckeye Trail and hikes.  Don't ask for hikers, just post the date and some information and "they will come".  I never hiked alone after I started to post the hikes.  I have many good friends do to the hikes that I have taken with them.  You might team up and run the hikes.  Richard, CW, and I quite often coordinated hikes together.  Many others helped me make them happen.

I looked at areas that I needed to hike to finish my circuit.  I then looked at activities such as work parties in the area.  I merged the two calendars and was easy to attend BT meeting and hike at the same time.  I also tried to move the hikes around the state, both to get a change of scenery and to attract new hikers.

Well things change. I now get to do some solo hiking and YOU get to be the Circuit Hike leader.  Contact the webmaster@buckeyetrail.org and she will get your hikes on the BT web site.

rocket
Day Hiker

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 07:02:36 AM »

Loveland Section completed. Thanks Pavel for helping with 25.9 miles of this section.

Sections Completed:St. Mary's,Troy,Caesar Creek,Loveland,Delphos,Road Fork,Defiance,
Burton,Pemberville,Belle Valley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: