Trail Talk
October 20, 2017, 07:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See our events page for the latest hikes and other events on the Buckeye Trail.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This years nominees  (Read 4818 times)
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« on: May 14, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »

Yesterday I received the list of nominees for Trustee, to be voted on this coming weekend at the Annual Meeting.  I am waiting for some short Bios of each (which I will post) and hope to send a 'special edition' of The Loop with this information.  I'll also ask the webmaster to get it on the website.

Melissa Reed (current Trustee, president)
Connie Pond (current Trustee, treasurer)
Ruth Brown (current Trustee, secretary)
Adrain Vanko (current Trustee)
Darryl Smith (new nominee, Social Media Coordinator)
Mark Henry (new nominee)

Susan Stover is retiring from the board.
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:30 AM »

I have received two auto-bios from nominees so far and wanted to get them posted.  I hope to receive more today and will post them as I receive them.

Mark Henry:
I am Mark Henry, a graduate of Newark High School and Stark State College and have been a member of the BTA since 2009.  I have submitted my name for consideration for the position of Trustee.  I feel that my experience in trail building and my education in Mechanical Engineering would be a plus in my being elected to this position.

Melissa Reed
Upon moving to Piqua, Ohio in 2006, I joined the Buckeye Trail Association at the annual meeting, which was held in Piqua that year.  I participated in work parties and became section supervisor for St. Marys Section.   I am now completing my first term on the Board of Trustees, which elected me as its president one year ago.  In that capacity I have prepared the agenda for the Board's quarterly meetings, chaired the meetings, participated in all committees except the Nominations Committee, and contributed a column to the Trailblazer.

I hold a B.A. in Literature from the New School, an M.A. in Art Education from Teachers College, Columbia University, and a J.D. from New York Law School.  In 2006 I retired as an attorney working for the New York City Department of Homeless Services.  In Piqua I am currently serving on the city's tree committee, and I participate in the county extension's Master Gardener program.  I have been a member of the North County Trail Association for about 8 years.

Buckeye
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 02:04:15 PM »

Geek - I sent my bio info to Jeff this morning...should I post it here as well?

Buckeye
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:45:02 AM »

Go ahead and post a copy.  Turn around to me might be a bit slow.
Buckeye
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »

Here's mine:

Darryl Smith
I am an avid day hiker and occasional backpacker, averaging about 500 miles a years on the various trails in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky (and at times further).  I am the organizer for the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Trailblazers, a hiking group based in Cincinnati, which has been in existance for over two years.  I also serve as a hiking pro for VenturePax, an outdoor community website located in Cincinnati.  My Buckeye Trail Association work has been mostly of the online variety as I am the admin for the BTA Facebook site, maintain the BTA Twitter presence, and serve as the forum moderator.  I also have a short section of side trail near Fort Ancient that I help maintain.  I am also involved with Friends of the Fort, the friends group that supports Fort Hill State Memorial near Hillsboro.

I am a native Buckeye, having lived in southwestern Ohio my entire 47 years.  I have a 17 year old daughter and I currently live on the Loveland section of the Buckeye Trail in Hyde Park with my better half, who is also an active hiker.

In real life I am a contact center operations manager for a fulfillment company.

My desire in serving as a board trustee is to support the growing efforts of the BTA and the current director with my enthusiasm and drive to set goals and complete tasks, to help grow the BTA community, and to get more boots on the trails.  In sum, a trail advocate who wants to see more of our youth enjoying the BT through the hiking and history the trails offers.
connie
BTA Board
Day Hiker

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »

Hi.  I am Connie Pond and am running for another term on the board.  I have been treasurer for a number of years and
continue to enjoy providing my energies and experience to enable others to put trail on the ground.
I have walked the entire trail and have been a maintainer so I understand the trail from the ground level up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: