Trail Talk
June 23, 2017, 11:28:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Talk shop with like-minded hikers and backpackers, discuss the trail, swap gear, plan a hike.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Loop  (Read 5098 times)
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« on: May 12, 2011, 05:12:56 PM »

"The Loop" is a new e-mail newsletter from the BTA.  Issue 1 was sent this afternoon to all members and maintainers for whom we have an e-mail address.

If you didn't receive a copy, simply go to this address to read the first issue and sign up.

http://tinyurl.com/3f4slq5

(This goes to a page at ConstantContact.com, the service we are currently using.)
Buckeye
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:27:56 PM »

I like the email format...very clean and professional looking.  Hopefully we can use this for recruiting members and bringing lost members back to the fold!

Buckeye
NeXt SteP72
Day Hiker

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »

I really like this!  I believe this is the modern twist, that will capture a larger spectrum of hikers. I am 38 and have friends even younger, That like hiking, but never really gave the BT much thought because of it's lack of youthful spark to draw them to the trail. But since I have been a member I have seen changes that are starting to grasp the attention of other Hikers... Great Job!!!!  Leaving for williamsburg wed 18th,   Anyone is welcome to attend!!!
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 07:27:27 PM »

It was an idea I have had for a few years, but lacked the time to dig into it (and I was looking for 'free' ways to do it).  Andrew was wise enough to say "Let's just use a service for now and get going".  Darlene (who does layout for Trailblazer) did the graphics which I think look really sharp.

I had a good chat with Andrew about this last week.  We hope to develop a series of newsletters geared to different topics - like maintainers, regional events and hikes, and so on.  I also intend to use it for an initial reminder to renew memberships, and to follow up with expiring members.

So far, the feedback has been good.  Please let Andrew (or me) know if you have ideas or suggestions.  TheLoop@buckeyetrailorg.
Buckeye
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »

It has been a LONG time since the Loop has made an appearance in my mailbox.  I have pestered the director about this, and he promises that another issue is forthcoming soon.  We have to keep The Loop as a regular item for the members, or it becomes another good diea that saw no consistency or execution.

Buckeye
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »

What is really needed is for a volunteer to step up as editor of The Loop.  It is really beyond the scope of the Executive Director to put this out on a regular basis.  It needs to be handled like Trailblazer.

Unfortunately, for an organization of this size, it seems to be very hard to get volunteers to handle things like this.  That results in a few people handling too much, and nothing getting done as well as anyone would like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: