Trail Talk
August 22, 2017, 04:42:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See our events page for the latest hikes and other events on the Buckeye Trail.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ceasar Creek  (Read 11057 times)
Buckeye
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »

Most of the walk through Cincy is quite nice and safe.  There is about a two mile stretch along Victory Parkway that is sketchy, but when I walked that section I did it on a colder Sunday morning...all the crack heads were still sleeping off their previous night's binge.   Grin  Other than that, quite a nice section to walk.

And yes, I would like to start at the factory and head north.  I would love to knock out Loveland and Caesar Creek this year, between my other hikes and backpacking trips.

Buckeye
rastaredneck
Overnighter

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »

Cool, Buckeye, actually awesome...nicer weather is heading our way soon and I got the trail bug Wink...I assume you are busy with the annual meeting and such, this weekend, but the weekend of May 27 (right after my B-Day) is when I was wanting to cover some ground. I am a beginning backpacker, but an accomplished Day-Hiker... As of now, I got that whole holiday weekend away from work so if you, or like I said, anyone, is interested in planning a gig, let me hear back!

The miles from Kings Mill to Caesar Creek are literally baby steps. No hills, paved trail, towns, stores and campgrounds. The Caesar Creek section, however, that may be a slight challenge. Dense forest, mud, possibly high water, and back roads. I know it well, up to the point of the beach, after that is out of my neck of the woods;)

And I plan to do the city hikes one day, but for now I want to stay in "God's country"
paveltul
Overnighter

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »

so any info on the terrain or the amount of "horse shit" Wink would be helpful... Thank You. I have been doing short , practice hikes on the paved Little Miami Bike Path to condition myself for this journey.
[/quote]

The terrain is mostly flat, (I guess that's why it's flooded). The amount of horse shit is light to moderate.

I live near an old powder company as well, and I have walked from Loveland to Spring Valley so far. I am actually planning to ride my bike up to Springfield since it is on the bike path. As far as Cincinnati and Dayton go, I could keep you company if you ever decide to venture there.
rastaredneck
Overnighter

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 06:58:52 PM »

Thanks a lot for all your info "pave" ...I have decided that it is probably a good idea to skip points 7 to 14 in the Caesar Creek section until later in the summer when the water (and the horse shit Wink )has dried up. So, for now, I am open to do from Kings Mill north to the Caesar Creek Visitor Center and From Yellow Springs south to wherever it starts to really suck! Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: