Trail Talk
June 23, 2017, 11:26:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Talk shop with like-minded hikers and backpackers, discuss the trail, swap gear, plan a hike.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any BTA Camping List Updates?  (Read 6026 times)
Captain Blue
BTA Board
Circuit Hiker

« on: April 08, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »

Has there been any updates or revisions to the BTA camping list? The list I was given before my hike seems quite old. Some of the entries reference points on outdated maps. It doesn't help me much if the camping list says someone is offering camping between points x and y on the 2006 map when I am carrying the 2010 map.

Any updates coming soon?

Buckeye Trail Thru Hiker - BTA Life Member - DaytonHikers.Org Founder - BuckeyeTrailHiker.com - Appalachian Trail 7,400 Miler
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »

The Hulls (new keepers of the list) have recently sent an e-mail to all section supervisors requesting any updates within their sections.  I know some have already replied, so they are actively working to get an up-to-date list out.

Any one who is out there hiking can help - if you find a place on the list no longer exists/welcomes hikers, or find somewhere that is not on the list but does allow camping, please let the Hulls know so the list can be updated (PM me if you need their e-mail).

Cpt: I can't say if the updated list will be out in time to help you on your hike.
Buckeye
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »

We could keep an interactive list via Wiki.   Grin

Buckeye
Couscous
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »

That's funny.  Cheesy

Backpacking light, feels so right.
Captain Blue
BTA Board
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »

I have some suggestions for the list. But I would need to confirm with the property owners first.

Buckeye Trail Thru Hiker - BTA Life Member - DaytonHikers.Org Founder - BuckeyeTrailHiker.com - Appalachian Trail 7,400 Miler
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »

Really sorry about getting that wiki thing up.  I have actually installed the software for MediaWiki, but the configuration does not look trivial.  Between family visits (the last time I will see my daughter until June), taxes and BTA monthend reports, time has slipped by.  I may try installing one or two other wikis that we have available and see how they look.

Any one with prior Wiki admin experience that wants to take a shot at managing this?
MacCherokee
Day Hiker

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »

Any news on this? Lack of camping is a big stumbling block for this trail to overcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: