Trail Talk
August 22, 2017, 04:42:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TRAIL TALK, the Buckeye Trail Forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Arrow Trail - Shawnee State Forest  (Read 4452 times)
Buckeye
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:35:38 PM »

I know Cap'n Blue has done the Silver Arrow in Shawnee (back in '07), has anyone else tackled it?  I am leading a group there in mid-April for a single night trip, staying at Camp 1 for the one night.  I've backpacked the northern loop of the Shawnee backpack trail, so I am familiar with Shawnee's notorious lack of switchbacks, but I am trying to get an idea if anyone has hiked this trail recently, and what the trail conditions might be like.  I realize of course that it is now a horse trail, but when first established it was a boy scout trail.  The more details the better (maps, etc.).

Thanks!

Buckeye
Buckeye
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:37:20 PM »

Completed this trail as a one nighter this past weekend.  Some videos and photos are here:

http://venturepax.com/venture/shawnee-state-forest/silver-arrow-trail

If you've done this trip, be certain to "punch in" as I am in a contest to win some cool stuff!

Buckeye
atwalker
Overnighter

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:14:57 PM »

Buckeye,

I can not get the link to work.  Not sure if it is my computer blocking it or it is the fault of the link or the website.  Whatever the reason it does not work for me.   

Thought I would let you know if it is needed for the contest you mentioned.  May be difficult to win if everyone else has the same problem as me. 

Have a great evening. 

Ed

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end. -- Ursula K. LeGuin
Buckeye
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:32:23 AM »

Goofy website!  They are in the process of a Beta version.  Try this link:

http://venturepax.com/venture/silver-arrow-trail

Buckeye
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: