Trail Talk
December 21, 2014, 12:03:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TRAIL TALK, the Buckeye Trail Forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Board Elections  (Read 2177 times)
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« on: March 21, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »

There have been several posts in several topics concerning the BTA Board - its focus on the trail, its interest (of lack thereof) in long distance hikers, its goals and direction.

This May, at the Annual Meeting, elections will be held to fill five trustee positions for a three year term.  Some current board members have indicated an interest in running again, and some have said they are stepping down.

Last year, a board member wanted to step down, but so few people stepped up to run for trustee that she grudgingly accepted one more term.  I think such a situation is unsatisfactory.  I equally think having only five candidates from which to choose five trustees is unsatisfactory.

I would like to see some of the forum members who want to see some changes in the BTA direction step up and volunteer to run for the board. I know one prominent member of this board has already done so.  Even if you are not dissatisfied with the current board, but feel you have something to offer, consider stepping forward.  Turnover is a good thing, and the board can always use some fresh meat...er blood...er people!

If interested, feel free to PM me and I will pass your contact information on.  Or contact Jeff Yoest directly.  Or any other board member.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: