Trail Talk
June 23, 2017, 11:25:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Talk shop with like-minded hikers and backpackers, discuss the trail, swap gear, plan a hike.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hikers in the news.  (Read 3208 times)
Pioneer Spirit
Circuit Hiker

Walking the land my ancestors tamed.

« on: March 21, 2011, 12:28:35 PM »

Through the efforts of a press release from Poppy and with the help of a local business leader, we managed to get into the Delphos newspaper on the front page.  Thank Bruce for helping to advertise the hikes, this gets others involved and brings the trail to the attention of folks who did not understand that there was a trail sometimes within feet of thier homes.

Poppy sent in a photo at 9:30 pm and it was in the paper early the next morning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59094065@N05/5546744367/

Circuit Hike Completed.
Buckeye
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »

This is excellent PR!  Well done, gents!

Buckeye
Pioneer Spirit
Circuit Hiker

Walking the land my ancestors tamed.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:30:58 PM »

Poppy ran with the ball on this one.  He is an excellent salesman and statesman when it comes to the BT.  I think there will be a lot more newspaper articles this year when we pass through small towns.  Too bad we didn't do it earlier.

Circuit Hike Completed.
Buckeye
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »

Any and all PR is a good thing for the BT and BTA.  If it gains us just one new member, that is one more than what we had!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: