Trail Talk
October 19, 2017, 12:05:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TRAIL TALK, the Buckeye Trail Forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maps  (Read 4340 times)
Buckeye
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »

btageek (or anyone else who might know) -

Is there a way to list on the BTA online store which maps are now in the digital format?  I want to order a few, but do not want to order something that has not been updated.  Is it safe to say that any map after a certain date is digitized?  If so, what is that date?

Thanks,
Buckeye
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:58:27 PM »

The current list is:

Akron
Bowerston
Massillon
Scioto Trail
Whipple
Old Mans Cave
Norwalk
West Union
Defiance
Troy

with Burton due out shortly.  Several more this year.  I will see if I can find the tentative schedule.
Buckeye
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:08:45 PM »

The current list is:

Akron
Bowerston
Massillon
Scioto Trail
Whipple
Old Mans Cave
Norwalk
West Union
Defiance
Troy

with Burton due out shortly.  Several more this year.  I will see if I can find the tentative schedule.

Looks like any map printed from January 2010 and after, except Whipple, on the website store that shows as January 2005.

Good to know!

Buckeye (now at 100 posts)   Cheesy
paveltul
Overnighter

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:25:09 PM »

I ordered Williamsburg section map 2 weeks ago and still don't have it. Is this normal?
Captain Blue
BTA Board
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »

The map guy is out of the country until Monday. The delay is unusual. They ususally arrive pretty quickly.

Buckeye Trail Thru Hiker - BTA Life Member - DaytonHikers.Org Founder - BuckeyeTrailHiker.com - Appalachian Trail 7,400 Miler
BTA Geek
Circuit Hiker

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 07:08:32 AM »

Many years ago I tried to convince the board to have a backup map person for when the regular map guy (who gets a disgusting 6 weeks vacation per year) is off on his international jaunts.  It was soundly defeated under the reasoning that the order forms all say "allow up to 21 days for delivery".

With the advent of our digital maps and ability to print maps as needed in our Shawnee office, I may revisit this.  There is no reason we can't get maps and other store items out the door in a matter of days now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: